HRH Princess Margarita of Greece and Denmark (b. 18 Apr 1905 Corfu, Greece - 24 Apr 1981 Bad Wiessee, Germany), later HRH The Hereditary Princess of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (20 Apr 1931 - 11 Dec 1950); HRH The Princess of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (11 Dec 1950 - 11 May 1960); HRH The Dowager Princess of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (11 May 1960 - 24 Apr 1981)
On April 20th, 1931, Princess Margarita married His Serene Highness Prince Gottfried Germann Alfred Paul Maximilian Viktor of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (b. 24 May 1897 Langenburg, Germany - 11 May 1960 Langenburg, Germany), later HSH The Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, in Langenburg, Germany. Gottfried was second cousins to Margarita’s mother Alice, and third cousins to Margarita herself via Nicholas I, Tsar of Russia.
On December 11th, 1950, they became the Prince and Princess of Hohenlohe-Langenburg.
They had six children:
- a stillborn daughter (3 Dec 1933-3 Dec 1933 Germany)
- HSH Prince Kraft Alexander Ernst Ludwig Georg Emich of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (25 Jun 1935 - 16 Mar 2004 Langenburg, Germany) who succeeded his father as Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg and married twice with issue.
- HSH Princess Beatrix Alice Marie Melita Margarete of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (10 Jul 1936 - 15 Nov 1997 Germany) who died unmarried and without issue.
- HSH Prince Georg Andreas Heinrich of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (24 Nov 1938 Germany-) who is married with issue.
- HSH Prince Albrecht Wolfgang Christof of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (7 Apr 1944 Langenburg, Germany - 23 Apr 1992 Berlin, Germany) who married and had one son.
- HSH Prince Ruprecht Sigismund Philipp Ernst of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (7 Apr 1944 Langenburg, Germany - 8 Apr 1978 Munich, Germany) the twin of Prince Albrecht, who died unmarried and without issue.
Princess Margarita died at age 76, outliving her husband by 21 years.